This is a gorgeous looking and tasting salad that works at any time of year. It’s an Aussie recipe so it’s called a Pumpkin salad but here in the UK I make mine with Butternut Squash. Try it in Autumn with roast beef for a lighter Sunday roast.
- Butternut squash cut into 2cm thick wedges
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves (I tend to just use a small bag from the supermarket)
- 1/2 cup (75g) Macadamia nuts roughly chopped & toasted
- Salt to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with foil
- Arrange the butternut squash in a single layer on the baking trays. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, scatter over the chilli flakes and season. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and lightly golder. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile whisk the lemon juice with the remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and set dressing aside.
- Place the butternut squash in a serving bowl with the rocket and toasted Macadamias. Drizzle with the dressing, then toss to combine and serve.